changing text field style - hexagon

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Fausto

changing text field style - hexagon

Post by Fausto »

Hi all,

I have been looking at the wda_dtw.lxxplot example file. I really like the way the channel numbers are drawn within an hexagon, it makes the channel numbering very readable on mid-large lighting plans.

I had a look in the forum and the manual, and I understand that the answer is somewhere around the Text Tool>Styled or Convert>Text Field to Styled, but I couldn't workout how to actually change the channel style to be enclosed in an hexagon.

Is there a specific manual page I could refer to? or a "click by click" instruction that I could follow?

thank you and cheers,
Fausto
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Info text fields displaying the same field have the same font/size/style. This allows visual identification of channels vs. dimmers or colors. In addition to font styles, bold, italic, etc. which are set with the standard font panel, info text fields can be displayed within a hexagon or a circle.

To enclose all displayed channel fields in a hexagon, select a single displayed channel field. Then, using the Info Field Style popup in the Inspector's drawing tab, select "Hexagon".
Fausto

Post by Fausto »

Thank you for explaining that, another great designing feature in LxBeams.