Adding colour to lamps

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
mikeyfoley

Adding colour to lamps

Post by mikeyfoley »

Hey guys,

Firstly, love love the software. As an aspiring Lighting Designer, it's a dream! One query/difficulty I am having is that I seem to be unable to assign a colour to my lamps. For example I go to Colour in the information area for a lamp, input L202, hit enter, but nothing happens. I know that it is registering the colour because the Fill Colour changes to the colour, however the lamp itself remains a white colour. I've tried messing around with settings and at one stage managed to get it to change colour. However that stopped it from recognising the lamp as a lamp and instead it turned it into an image, therefore not allowing me to edit any other information in it nor for it be counted in any reports generated.

I'm running Version 4.8.0 (11729.1) on OS 10.12 if that helps.

Any information would be great, thank you!!

:)
lloydriford

Post by lloydriford »

Look in preferences under Automatic to be sure "Set symbol Fill Color automatically using library" is checked.

Lloyd
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its not quite clear what result you are looking for. The ambiguity is that you say the lamp remains a white color. The previous answer is correct if "lamp" refers to the symbol. But, you also say that the fill color of the symbol changes. This suggests that by "lamp" you mean the beam rather than the symbol itself.

Autocolor of the symbol is somewhat independent of coloring the beam when the type of the symbol is a color-mixing variety. For a color mixing kind of light, a channel needs to be assigned to the light in order for the beam to be colored when the color info property is changed. Once a channel is assigned, you can type the name into the color property and--provided that name exists in the color library--the individual channels for the color mixing are set to approximate the color requested.

This is a guess at what you might be looking for. If that's not it, try posting a little more of a description of what you think should happen.