setting default positions for channel/dimmer fields

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
bobmumm

setting default positions for channel/dimmer fields

Post by bobmumm »

hello -

First of all, many thanks for lx and for maclux before it. Amazing.

I'm trying to plot out a series of electrics where the channel and dimmer fields need to live in the opposite location of the default as I lay them out. That default is the backside of the fixture, I need it to be a specific side of the electric. While I don't expect a setting for that, I feel sure that there is a setting I can make to place the info fields in a new 'default' position, lay them in, perhaps change the setting again, lay in a different group, and so on. I seem to remember a setting for that in MacLux, but can't find one in LX.

Right now, I lay in the first fixture, move the info fields where I need them, then copy and paste units. Then change to the next type, lay in the first, move the fields...you get the idea.

I feel certain that there is something simple I am missing, but I've searched all through the docs and the forums and find nothing about it. I know I can set the position of fields of a single unit, then select all the affected and paste that position info. I'm looking for an option to set *before* I lay in the units.

Thanks in advance...!
bob mumm
www.mummdesign.com
"I'm just 'zis guy, y'know?"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The default location for an info field is set using Setup->Data Fields. There are three columns that control placement, angle, distance and "inner". "Inner" determines if the distance is calculated using the size of the symbol. For example, the color defaults to the front of the symbol, even for symbols with different lengths.

If you change a default location, you can put it back to the standard default by selecting the row and then using "Reset Selection" from the popup menu in the lower left corner of the sheet.

Depending on the number of lights whose info locations that you want to change, you may want to just use Format->Info Fields->Copy Field Locations and Format->Info Fields->Paste Field Locations. This allows you to arrange the info field locations for a single light, copy them and apply the locations to another selected set of lights.