Lost symbol

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
terryb45

Lost symbol

Post by terryb45 »

I can no longer find the symbol for a short nose PAR64. It appears on one of my old plots but cannot find it on the menu. Unfortunately I only have cause to use LXfree a few times a year and each time you have updated the software and I have to start learning where everything is again. Age does terrible things to ones memory!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

You can download LXTools and use LXKeyEditor to choose the short PAR symbol for a particular key entry.

But, it is much easier to copy a light from your old plot and paste it into the new one. That should bring the key entry along.

To do a number of entries at once, it is probably faster to open the old plot, choose save key from the popup menu in the Inspector's Symbols tab. Then, switch to the new plot and choose to use that key file (from the same popup menu).

The latest key used overrides the existing key. (with the exception that key entries you have used in the plot that are not in the new key are preserved)
terryb45

Post by terryb45 »

Thank you for the reply and it worked perfectly of course. As I said, I don't use LXfree enough to really become fully up to speed on everything but when I do use it I just marvel at the flexibility and usefulness of this software.
Thanks again