making new key files

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
mobilemusic

making new key files

Post by mobilemusic »

Hello

I'm trying to make some new key files of moving light.
Drawn a figure, "Selection to Path", "To Key Entry with Custom Symbol" Filled out the "Properties", when filling out "Device Addresses" "Defined Values"

Is there a way to fill out a range / proportional values?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the device address table there are maximum and minimum values. These are proportional to DMX levels 0-100%. You can see this if you look at the table for some of the automated fixtures in the library, particularly for pan and tilt.
mobilemusic

Post by mobilemusic »

How do I setup speed Pan/Tilt
when you have
0 for max speed,
1-249 from fast to slow
252 (250-255) for max speed with blackout during mov

shutter
0 (0-31) Shutter closed
47 (32-63) No function (shutter open)
64-95 Strobe-effect from slow to fast
111 (96-127) No function (shutter open)
128-159 Pulse-effect in sequences
175 (160-191) No function (shutter open)
192-223Random strobe-effect from slow to fast
255 (224-255) No function (shutter open)

In my world, I want to say that DMX address +4 is "Speed of Pan/Tilt" and +14 is Shutter (strobe) and put the rest under "Defined Values" but there are no ranges there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These types of multi function channels are hard to generalize. One question is what are you gong to do with the information? Defined values are for easy recall. For example, with frames there is a popup list for easy color selection. But a lot of manufacturer specific functions have not effect within LXSeries applications. So, how you set these things up depends on how you'll use them. One possibility is to use defined values at the beginning and end of a range as sort of bookmark reminders. You'll be able to popup a list of the defined values in the channel controls window of LXConsole as you are creating cues. In most cases, it may not be worth your time to fill out all the possible values unless you are going to end up using the information in this manner.