Sheet Count

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
stacychalmers

Sheet Count

Post by stacychalmers »

For some reason, my sheet counts don't appear in my color count reports. The column is there, but empty.
My fixtures are all stock - ETC or Selecon. Any ideas?

I'm using the pay version of lxBeams 3.6.4 on a machine running Yosemite.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you try the latest version 4.0.2?

This may not make a difference if the number of frames per sheet is not defined in the frames table. The default library only includes the three most common US frame sizes, 6.25", 7.5" and 10". Other sizes need to be specified as to how many frames you get per sheet. (Setup->Frames...) For example, there is no default entry for "185mm" so Selecon lights with that frame size will not add to a sheets total until you specify how many per sheet in the Frames table.

Frames are saved with each plot. However, you can add a global library of frames by setting them up in a plot. Then, choose "Export Key" from the popup menu in the Inspector's symbols tab. From the popup menu at the bottom of the save sheet select the "Frames" file type. Save a file called frames.lxframes in the ~/Library/Application Support/com.claudeheintzdesign.lxseries folder. (not in the keys subfolder)
Last edited by admin on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stacychalmers

tried 4.02

Post by stacychalmers »

:( Updated to 4.0.2nStill no sheet count. Have I forgotten to do something with frame sizes, or do I need to input stock sheet sizes somewhere in the color library?
I do like the new layout though.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I edited my original reply because I realized that you might not be using fixtures with frames->sheets values defined in the Frames table.

The default library only includes the three most common US frame sizes, 6.25", 7.5" and 10". Other sizes need to be specified as to how many frames you get per sheet. (Setup->Frames...) For example, there is no default entry for "185mm" so Selecon lights with that frame size will not add to a sheets total until you specify how many per sheet in the Frames table.

Frames are saved with each plot. However, you can add a global library of frames by setting them up in a plot. Then, choose "Export Key" from the popup menu in the Inspector's symbols tab. From the popup menu at the bottom of the save sheet select the "Frames" file type. Save a file called frames.lxframes in the ~/Library/Application Support/com.claudeheintzdesign.lxseries folder. (not in the keys subfolder)
stacychalmers

problem solved

Post by stacychalmers »

So I realized two things. 1. I had a 10 degree source 4 that was no color, but didn't have a value on the frames sheet.
2. I had to remove my color count report and reload it from the library.