Svoboda

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
lanternz

Svoboda

Post by lanternz »

How do I get a Svoboda (using 9 or 10 24v 250w lamps) to display it's beam correctly. I have tried various configurations in the key editor but can not seem to change a display that shows 9 x 5 degree beams separated by about 1 meter.

I am also having trouble controlling par can beams. I miss the MacLux Pro function of rotating the beam. Where is this function in LxBeams?
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The kind of fixture that allows multiple lamps is a striplight. The thing about the Svoboda is that there are two banks of multiple lights. This was not supported until today's v 0.9.3016. The Lamps per Circuit field now allows for multiple rows. These can be in either horizontal or vertical format depending on if the numbers are separated by a dash "-" or a bar "|". There's a now a new Svoboda symbol and it is included in the striplight key. The Mole Fay, which is the only other example, has also been updated. You can take a look at these in LXKeyEditor to see how they work.

(The Mole Fay may actually be better represented by 3 separate symbols as I believe that there are actually 3 circuits and each set of 3 lamps can be panned individually.)

LXFree has always had a Beam Axis field for PAR type lamps. Unlike MacLux Pro, this is variable by degree rather than limited to 90 degrees. Until 0.9.3016, there was not a control like the spot/flood slider--you had to enter a number. Now the Inspector's Beams tab has one. But, the beam axis values have been counterclockwise. This is unlike other angles in LXBeams. So, this version changes that and updates older plots to clockwise when they are opened.