Visualizing colourchanges in LXBeams

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Johan Söderberg

Visualizing colourchanges in LXBeams

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I´ve made a plot with two custom symbols.

One RGB LED and one RGBW LED.

Now when I tell LXBEAMS to listen to DMX from LXConsole and show the beams. The symbol for RGB-mixing nicely updates its colours in the plot, but the RGBW doesnt. It stays white, no matter what I do.

I guess its some kind of mistake on my part when I defined that symbol, but I cant figure out whats the problem really.

Both fixtures work great in LXConsole and all subchannel settings update as they should there. But one fixture doesn´t send the subs to LXBeams. It works great Live but not on the screen...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It appears there was an issue with a missing info field in some kinds of color mixing key entries. This should be fixed in Version 3.9.10 (9815.1).

Also, this version will allow the creation of beams for color mixing fixtures without an intensity device address. Some LED fixtures have a dmx mode that only uses the individual colors and not a master intensity.

When this is the case, (no separate device address for intensity exists for the fixture) LXBeams automatically assumes that the intensity for the Inspector's beams panel is 100% when any of the LED channels are set to something other than zero. Likewise, if all the colors are zero, LXBeams assumes that the intensity for the Inspector's beams panel is 0%.
Johan Söderberg

Post by Johan Söderberg »

One step ahead, and another back :-)

Now in the new version all colours update and look correct.

BUT.

I have "Allowed script to run during fade" but now it doesn't do that anymore.

If I push my "script trigger key" it updates and looks correct though.

And yes, the script is: "send channel levels to LXBeams" both to run on cue update and on key press.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The only thing that seemed to be amiss is that with running a script on live update, the color picker could cause AppleScript to hang. This should now be corrected.

In your RGBW setup in LXBeams is there a device address for intensity? Every channel in LXConsole has an intensity even if it is not patched. But, some LED fixtures have DMX modes that do not include an intensity channel. They only include DMX addresses for the individual colors. If this is the case, LXConsole's intensity channel is not going to be connected to anything. So dimming it will not cause any change.