Page setup

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Simon K

Page setup

Post by Simon K »

Hi, Apologies if this has been posted, but I can't find it anywhere.

When I open LXfree. I want to make the Ruler to be more than 5m wide from centre in each direction. Although I can increase the width on one side it decreases the width from centre to the other.

I'm sure this must be an easy fix, but cannot seem to work this out.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Si :D
Kes
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It sounds like you want to make the document larger, not just move the origin of the coordinates system.

LXFree and LXBeams for OS X generally set the document size in terms of pages of printed output. The simplest answer is to increase the number of pages in width or height in order to make the plot larger. (These settings are found in the size area of the Inspector's Document tab)

With an ordinary A4 sized printer, there is a limit to the size of plot you can print on one page while keeping the 1:50 scale. But, it is entirely possible to use the printer to increase the output scale and print a larger document on a single piece of paper. For example, if you use Page Setup to scale to 50%, the effective printed output becomes 1:100 and the size of the document will be twice as big.

Printed output takes into account both the percentage scale set with page setup and also the zoom level of the document. You can do the exact same thing as the prior example by setting the document size to 2x2 pages and then zooming out to 50% before printing. There are shortcuts to both these methods in the popup menu in the Inspector's Document (size) tab.