Version 3.5 Wedged?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Luke

Version 3.5 Wedged?

Post by Luke »

Hi all:

I just prompted to instal new version 3.5.0 (8915A) and I dutifully installed in mid-design. Now my section view is all broken - The lines I sketched into the section (proscenium side view, acting area centers, dimensions) are all offset 20' or so to the right (viewing from stage R to the centerline). The upstage-downstage ruler in the Section view is even more off than before -- in the plan view, the plaster line is 0'-0" on the Y-axis; the centerline is 0'-0" on the X-axis and all my positions, borders, and legs are drawn off that reference. However, the section now shows the legs et al. 20' further US than the plot and my measurement and sightlines are all shifted 30' DS relative to 0.

What's up? Is this version not ready for prime time?

-luke
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The only difference with 3.5 is that it fixed an issue with objects selected in section view when switching back to the main plan window.

I would guess that your issue is not related to the update. There are a couple of possible causes, not all bugs.

The first thing that would cause a shift of the rulers in section view relative to objects drawn onto that view is if the origin (the 0,0 point of the plot coordinates) was changed.

The next thing that would cause a shift of the rulers in section view relative to objects drawn onto that view is that the section view was reversed after the objects were drawn. 2D objects drawn on a section view for annotation are not flipped if the view is reversed.

Another thing that might cause a shift of the rulers in section view relative to objects drawn onto that view is if the size of the section changed. This should not happen, the objects should move in relation to the resizing. But if this turns up to be the cause, it would be a bug that existed in the previous version as well.

You can email the plot to lx @ claudeheintzdesign.com and we can take a look to see if there's something particular to your file. But, this may be of limited use without knowing what changed that caused your section objects to become misaligned. (It is likely that the update to v3.5 is not that change. And, it is likely that the problem would have happened with v3.4 as well because very little is different between the versions in terms of how sections work, only how objects are selected.)