Lamp Types

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Banderson

Lamp Types

Post by Banderson »

Hi there-

I have a question regarding lamp types. I'm using LXFree. It seems there is a default lamp type for each fixture type in the default library. I would like to change the lamp type (ex. BTN to BTL in a 65Q 6" Fres).

I have a PC at home but a Mac at the theatre (about 70 mi away) and I seem to remember an editable field in the object info tab for lamp type in the Java version of LXFree but it is not there in the OSX version. Ive tried to edit it straight on the Channel List Report but as soon as I hit enter it changes right back to the original entry. Is there another place to look? Do I need to write a whole new instrument Key just to change the lamp type/wattage?

You have a great product and I'm glad I found it. Thank you so much for writing a program a poor lighting designer can use. :wink:
Banderson

Post by Banderson »

I just found Lamps... under the Setup dropdown menu (I'm assuming this might be how I do this) but I don't understand how to apply the lamps on this list to a fixture on the plot.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Editing the properties of a key entry requires LXBeams (Mac not iPad).

Lamps is a list of codes and wattages. When you enter a lamp code for a symbol in LXBeams, it automatically enters the wattage (assuming the code is in the library).

Editing the Lamp and Frame libraries requires LXBeams as well.