A question re: the Move-Duplicate-Fill-tools

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
freadZdead

A question re: the Move-Duplicate-Fill-tools

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Claude,

Maybe I am not seeing/understanding it well, but is the following scenario currently possible with LXBeams?

A) Create a fixture with i.e. 9 subchannels
B) Put this fixture on the plot
C) In the Inspector-Move-Duplicate-Fill rider, create duplicates/new objects (btw., what exactly is the difference?)
D) Now what I want to do is this - in the order I select them, I want to be able to assign channels (start with 1, change every 1 gives me what I want), and then, in the same or a separate move, assign the correct spacing of DMX addresses (Dimmers?), i.e. Channel 1 gets DMX 1, Channel 2 gets DMX 10, Channel 3 gets DMX 19 and so on...

Is this already implemented and I just can't see it? Or is it possible maybe to i.e. add a field in that inspector below "change every" that is i.e. called "spacing" or "skip" ?

Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXFree and LXBeams adds a "change by" filed to the auto-fill controls. Change by is the increment while "change every" is the interval.

If "change by" is set to 3 and "change every" is set to 2, starting with 101, auto-fill will set the auto-fill field of the first two selected lights to 101, the next two to 104, the next two to 107, etc
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Very helpful addition, thanks!
Cheers,

Freddy