Beams

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
lanternz

Beams

Post by lanternz »

I am having some problems dragging beams around - it is hard to pick up the second beam when it is overlapped in any way with the first. Is there someway to select just the current instrument's beam and leave the others set?

I can't seem to get the front section to display shin buster focus. If I set the beam for a light and then change the focus plane to 2m in the instrument info panel the beam disappears - even in the section view.

How do I get the color count to not count N/C? I don't want a stream of crew coming to me with the old theatre joke about not having any N/C in stock!
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Beams are objects in the drawing albeit temporary ones. If you'd like to get to a beam that is drawn beneath another, use the "Send To Back" command to move the overlapping beam back in the drawing order. Beams can also be "locked" to prevent them from being accidentally moved.

Beams are only displayed if a line from the light's location to its focus point intersects the beam plane. If you have a shin at .25m pointed at the floor (0m) and the beam plane is 2m, it will never intersect. The light is pointing down--ever so slightly--and the beam plane is above it.

The current color count report counts all non-blank colors. So, there is not a way to eliminate "N/C". You can always export the report as a text file and modify it as necessary.