Sections

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
lanternz

Sections

Post by lanternz »

How can I make the section view sit higher in the window? I can trick it by entering a position with a negative height but I can't seem to do that with a graphic line. This would be handy to indicate a sub-floor or orchestra pit. It does not seem to adjust to the height of an imported graphic of a section from VW2008 for example.
Lanternz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXFree looks at the 3D locations of objects to set the size of the section view. By default, zero height is used for the lower border. So, you are correct that in order to have it display negative heights, you need to include an object with a negative location.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Can you make it so that this can be something other than a position? Seems confusing to have to put in dummy positions to read the drawing. The issue in particular is that I have imported a section drawing of the theatre and I can't see the little chap sitting in the front row properly. The section view truncates the imported section layer to the zero point of the drawing.
Lanternz