cannot download the latest build for mac

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Agnethe

cannot download the latest build for mac

Post by Agnethe »

I downloaded the lx pro some time ago and every time I use it a box pops up saying I havent got the latest version. So I tried to install it, but after having downloaded it onto my computer it says error 1 - cannot unzip. What do I do? I have mac version 10.6.8 so I tried to download the latest build for that. Not the whole programme, as far as I could understand...

PLease help!

The version I use works fine though!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you tried the alternate download site?

Sometimes, depending on the speed of your connection and possibly the route to the server and how busy the server is, the download will timeout before it is complete. It sounds like this could be what is happening. Trying the different server may help.
Agnethe

Post by Agnethe »

yes I have tried the alternate site and same thing happens.
The download takes like 2 seconds...

Still not working!
Agnethe

Post by Agnethe »

I'm using firefox, can this have anything to do with it???
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Firefox could have something to do with it.

I tried Firefox on a 10.6.8 machine on a very fast network. Using the save to file method (and then double-clicking to unpack the .zip archive) it worked every time. When I used the open with archive utility option, it sometimes worked and sometimes produced an error.

Are you saving the .zip file or is Firefox trying to open the .zip file with archive utility?
Agnethe

Post by Agnethe »

I did download on my mac and then double click to open. And this is when the error occur.
Agnethe

Post by Agnethe »

The zip file is called "lxseriespro update june 2013"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The downloaded zip file should be named "lxseriespro.zip" not "lxseriespro update june 2013" I'm not sure where that comes from.

I will resend your license e-mail so that you have the correct link to the download page.

Please e-mail the link to the download page you have been using so that I can try to duplicate the problem you have been having.