Equipment count in Key?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
viktor.wendin

Equipment count in Key?

Post by viktor.wendin »

Hello

Is it possible to add equipment count automatically in the Key?

/viktor
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build 3.1.10 (8027A) has an option to display the number used rather than the full name in the Inspector's symbols tab. This is controlled by the popup menu next to the symbols palette.

If there is an inventory value for an entry, this option will display the number used/inventory. If the inventory is zero, it will just display the number used.

The display change affects the label of the selected symbol and the list view of symbols.
viktor.wendin

Post by viktor.wendin »

Thank you for your quick response.

I realized that what I meant was to see used equip in the KEY BLOCK.
Is it possible?

I also wonder if it is possible to add a CONTACT column in the info tab?

thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build 3.1.10 (8028A) has a new preference in the Format tab which will add the number used to the name when a key block is generated. You can also choose to display the inventory if it is available. (This later option also affects the display in the Inspector's Symbols tab.)

Are you requesting an additional field along with the show/venue/designer? It is possible that there could be additional information fields attached to a plot in a future version.
viktor.wendin

Post by viktor.wendin »

Thank you

Perfect, but it doesn't work for me. It always displays (0). Something wrong?

Yes! That is exactly what I'm requesting. (contact field)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The key block issue is fixed in 3.1.10 (8030A).

How would you want to use the contact info field?

The other document info fields appear in the automatically generated title block. And, they appear in the header of reports when printed or exported.
viktor.wendin

Post by viktor.wendin »

Thank you! It works fine!

To add field in the info tab with contact would do it.

I think it would be nice though if I was able to chose what show information to print. Sometimes the venue info is not important at all etc. Maybe some checkboxes?

For me, both as a designer an "in house tech", it is important to clearly see how to get in contact with the company(designer, on tour technician etc).