Troubleshooting with LX Console/ MIDI Patchbay/ Qlab

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, your cues work for me on several machines. So, I'm starting to run out of ideas. MIDI Show Control and LXConsole are pretty proven. So, I'm thinking that there must be something on your system that is preventing LXConsole from receiving the MIDI message or there's something simple that has been overlooked.

Can you post or e-mail a screen shot of the MIDI tab of LXConsole's preferences?

Also, is "MIDI/Show Control In" the ONLY thing checked in the File->External Menu?

Yes, DMX input should be disabled or set to another interface. The preference won't make a difference unless you've selected File->Import->DMX. (Which should not be selected.)

When I'm checking to see if LXConsole is responding to QLab, I have the LXConsole Live Window just to the side so I can see it. When I select a MSC cue in your file and click GO, I can see the Live window change to "Running" whatever cue was triggered.
sunny

Post by sunny »

just in case anyone is following this thread

from Claude:
Thanks for sending all the screen shots. I see an important discrepancy. In the file you sent previously, the cues are addressed to MSC Device ID 3. In the LXConsole preferences screen shot you sent, the incoming Device ID is set to 1. These must match. When I have been running your cues, I set the incoming MSC Device ID in LXConsole's preferences to 3.

Hopefully making the change so the device IDs match will make a difference. I've attached screen shots that point out the mismatched Device IDs.

from Sunny:

IT WORKS! YOU ARE A GENIUS!

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou! i am so relieved!

wow, you put so much work in to helping me trouble shoot this! i am deeply grateful!