keyboard shortcuts

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
lanternz

keyboard shortcuts

Post by lanternz »

Is there some way to set up a keyboard short cut for the function "next click sets focus point"?
Lanternz
Stretchomarx

along the same topic...

Post by Stretchomarx »

is their any way of making a short cut key PDF that we can print out?

John
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

I think I can answer that one. Standard Apple key strokes - Command / P will give you a print window from which you can select to save as a pdf or email a pdf of the top window. I use it to email Instrument Schedules or plans.
Lanternz
Stretchomarx

Post by Stretchomarx »

Sorry that was bad grammar on my part... What I meant was a PDF list of all short cut keys that I can keep by my monitor...

John
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lets please keep this discussion to the original question. If you want to ask a different question, please start a new thread.

There is, of course, a way of adding a keyboard equivalent to any menu command. There is a limited supply of these and too many defeat the purpose because by the time you remember the shortcut, you could have used the menu. So, by Apple design guidelines, these should be assigned to the most frequently used commands.

I can see a case for adding a shortcut to the next click sets focus. The question is what should it be? Command-option-control-F is about the only combination involving "F" available. The F key is used for move forward/move to front and that is pretty standard. It is also used for auto-fill.

Another option could be F2. (pressing the "2" key selects the symbol tool). And the function keys could be used for other tool modifiers such as switching between 2D/3D lines and rectangles and plain and styled text fields.

Apple sets function keys to be things like brightness and volume. So, if you leave the setting like that then you'd need to press "fn" and F2 to make it work. I set my Mac the opposite so that I can use function keys and press "fn" when I want to change screen brightness or volume.

Because of consistency, I'm very inclined to go the function key route and also add shortcuts to other tool modifiers. But, if you have any other ideas, go ahead and post them.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

3.1.6 (7916A) has function key shortcuts for menu items related to tools.