Import in Section View?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
bagachi

Import in Section View?

Post by bagachi »

Hi.

Is it possible to use different 2D dxf files in plan view and section view respectively?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, what you would need to do is to use a scratch plot to import the side section. Then, either export that as PDF and import into the section view of the main plot. Or, just copy and paste directly into the section view.

The PDF method has the advantage of combining layers into a single picture and is probably easier to get aligned to the coordinate system in the section view.

The copy and paste method would allow you to manipulate the graphic objects later if desired. But, has the drawback of additional editing if the DXF you are importing has multiple layers that you want to see in the section view of the destination plot.

I have used a separate plot file to draw out a section view and then used one of these two methods to get the elements into my main plot for the venue. This is less necessary than in earlier versions because you can draw directly in the section view now.
bagachi

Post by bagachi »

Thanks!

I used the copy & paste method and it works fine for me.

But is it possible to hide stuff in the section view?

After I paste the drawing, it seems to me that the elements are not belonging to any layer shown in the inspector.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its not clear what you are seeing. A section view has a single drawing layer where you can place background graphics. A projection of 3D objects in the visible layers of the main plot is shown on top of the background layer.

A section view shows objects that have third dimension coordinate(s) projected from either the side or the front. This includes positions which have either a height or a mapped location. The locations of lights are also shown using the height or mapping of their associated position. Finally, the 3D versions of lines and rectangles contained in the plot are also displayed. The appearance of these objects in section view is as lines or filled rectangles and small circles showing the location of lights.

Positions and 3D lines/rectangles are selectable and can be manipulated in section view. Lights, whose location in section view is dependent on a position, are not selectable. Editing of positions and 3DLines/rectangles in section view is constrained to the z axis unless the shift key is held down.