duplicate

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
kbvv

duplicate

Post by kbvv »

I seem to have lost the duplicate function in Lx Free?( latest update v.3.1.0)
I use the "command"D shortcut a lot, but it's not working anymore
"command"C and "command"V are still working well...
Any Idea's?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What OS X are you using? Cmd-D works for me on 10.8.3.

There could be an issue (and certainly confusion) with Mountain Lion's File=>Duplicate and LXFree's Edit=>Make=>Duplicate menu items.

Anyone else have this issue?
kbvv

Post by kbvv »

I'm using OS X 10.7.5
there where no problems at first but cmd-D suddenly stopped working during the creation of a light plot
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does it work now or did it stop working and not return?

When it stopped working was the menu item Edit=>Make=>Duplicate greyed out? Or, did the operation simply not complete?

If it worked again after restarting the application, it is possible that there was some error that prevented the duplicate operation from completing at that particular time. You would probably see an exception message in the console (Applications/Utilities/Console.app) that would provide a clue as to what happened.
kbvv

Post by kbvv »

It stopped working already a while ago, it never returned

Edit=>Make=>Duplicate is greyed out when nothing is selected. Once you select an object it becomes black... ( all the other functions R&R and Mirror L/R and T/B work fine, by the way)

I can't find any reference to the problem in Console
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It sounds like the menu is working properly. What are the settings in the Inspector's tools tab for distance and number of copies?
kbvv

Post by kbvv »

You where absolutely right, the number of copies was set to zero and I never paid attention to that...

How silly of me...

thank you very much

best regards,

Marc
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It does make no sense to make zero copies. So, the next build will prevent setting the number of copies to less than one.
kbvv

Post by kbvv »

So it was not so silly after all...

Thank you for that, I feel better now :-)

Best Regards,

Marc
baron25

Post by baron25 »

You can then also adjust the transparency of this graphic in the stroke and fill tab. The key block is also a grouped object and you can un-group and adjust text or positions. I always make sure I regroup after this so I don't accidentally lose something. If you need a standard drawing format why not just keep a template file with the right header and borders and start your drawings from this