Plot Examples

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
lewis

Plot Examples

Post by lewis »

Hello,

I've used LX Series Pro to plot a show I did last year. The learning curve is steep but I see how powerful this product is.

I'm trying to create a template for a venue that shows the rigging and such. The venue has a two tier stage and I'm having a hard time working out how to represent that on the plot. Also the lower tier is retractable and I need a way to simply hide it on some plots.

In the past I've used the example plot to try and work out how to do some things. This time it's not helping.

Also I'm trying to work out some DMX issues. Does anyone have a plot with DMX lights they would be willing to share so I can see how others have done this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lewis
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are a number of features that will aid you. First is the ability to separate parts of a drawing into layers. That will allow you to represent different configurations of a show or venue.

One use of layers might be to put a drawing of the set of act one into one layer and a drawing of the set of act two into another.

The ability to save particular views will aid you switching from one set of layers, possibly act one(on one layer) with the electric battens (on a second) to act two (on a third) with the electrics (still shown on the second).

Saved views allow you to pick which layers you want to see and also recall other settings like the zoom level.