New objects (lines)

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
paulje

New objects (lines)

Post by paulje »

In MacLux, there's a "new object" function that lets me specify a line length and direction, starting from the end of an existing line. Can I do something similar in LX? Closest I've found is to create the second line, pretty much anywhere, then use measurement option in the inspector to find x and y values of the endpoint of the first line, copy x and y values to the start point of the second, and re-specify length and direction of second line.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXFree and LXBeams, 2.5.12, which is a release candidate for v3.0, has added a New Object(s) command that is similar to the one that MacLux Pro had.

Lines and curves will add a new object that begins at the end of the selected object and extends the specified distance and direction.

Other objects will behave much more similar to duplicate, except instead of copies, new objects will be inserted as if they were drawn with the current drawing settings.

The New Object(s) command is found in the Edit->Make menu and in the popup menu in the Inspector's Tools tab. The distance and direction settings are found in the Inspector's tools tab.