Can't get control of the rig on a new LX Console cue sheet

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
njlp

Can't get control of the rig on a new LX Console cue sheet

Post by njlp »

Hi All

Been using LX Console to run a show for a few months and so decided to re plot an older show on to it to make it easier to tour.
The problem i'm having is that the new cue sheet doesn't take control of the rig. BUT the old cue sheet will?!
If i'm using the new sheet and say type 1>100@F nothing comes up. But if i type the same command in to the old cue sheet then everything comes up all working and happy! I've tried starting a new cue sheet and again the same problem, i can only take control of the rig with the older cue sheet.
Don't know if i'm being dim and missing something but can't see any obvious difference between the 2 cue sheets.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are a several possibilities. One, a new document starts in "Cue" mode which is blind editing. You need to switch to "Live" mode to have changes immediately reflect in the output. (There's a preference for changing the background color of the main display which helps remind you when you are not in live mode)

Second, only the latest builds of LXConsole start with a new document patched 1 to 1. Depending on the version you are using, you may not have a channel to dimmer patch. You can see this in the channel table in the lower pane of the main display's split screen.

Both of these are possibilities for why one document would work and the other would not.