How to Assign a Color to a Light

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
hunter

How to Assign a Color to a Light

Post by hunter »

So this seems like it should be the easiest thing in the world, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to assign a color to a light. I'm using LXBeams Version 2.3.0 (7026) and just started the 2-week trial.

When I select a light and go to the device info, here is what I see:

Any help you could offer would be hugely appreciated!

Post by admin »

What version of OS X and what hardware are you using?

What you should see here is the rest of the table of information which is somehow above what is shown and out of view. Quiting and restarting the application should make it visible. The question is how it got this way? The answer is probably specific to the above questions.
hunter

Post by hunter »

Thanks for your reply!

I'm running OSX 10.6.8 on a 2.8 GHz i7 iMac with 4 GB ram. I tried restarting, but had the same issue.

I ended up installing LXBeams on my Macbook (where I have a more updated OS) and it let me install the latest version of LXBeams. Everything seems to be working fine on the MacBook, so I'm just going to run with that for now.

Post by admin »

After a number of tries, I was able to reproduce this. It has to do with collapsing the Inspector which somehow was messing up the info table. The latest builds of LXFree and LXBeams use a completely different method to allow the Inspector to be miniaturized.

This issue was rare but was not specific to OS X 10.6 or solved by 10.8.