im sure im just doing something wrong but.....

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
ben2814

im sure im just doing something wrong but.....

Post by ben2814 »

when i am filling in my channel lists and other paperwork i notice that when i press tab(or enter) after filling in some info what i typed simplly disappers but if i skip that light or accessorry the next one works just fine....can anyone help me

thanks in advance
ben

ps anyone know how to make lx free show beams
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The reason that a report won't accept a change is that the cell is not editable, its contents are generated automatically by the report.

Spreadsheet style editing with the tab and return key should work otherwise.

This may not be the case with older versions of LXFree. In particular, when 10.5 came out, spreadsheet editing had to be fixed to work with the new OS.
ben2814

Post by ben2814 »

admin wrote:The reason that a report won't accept a change is that the cell is not editable, its contents are generated automatically by the report.

Spreadsheet style editing with the tab and return key should work otherwise.

This may not be the case with older versions of LXFree. In particular, when 10.5 came out, spreadsheet editing had to be fixed to work with the new OS.

have the latest version and it olny wont work with i-cues
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That explains it. I-Cues are DMX Devices which do not have the same information as lights. (Select one and look at the info tab of the inspector.)

Each kind of light, fixed ellipse, zoom, fres, par, dmx device, etc. has different fields of data relevant to its characteristics. For example, a fixed focus ellipsoidal spot does not have variable beam related fields.

The behavior of DMX Devices is designed for future expansion to make it possible for LX to support automated fixtures. Basically, DMX Devices have a table of values that they can convey to their owners. They are linked to their owner through an ID which consists of the position name followed by a "#" followed by the unit number. (eg. "1st Electric#1") The only current implementation of a DMX device is a color scroller.
ben2814

Post by ben2814 »

admin wrote:That explains it. I-Cues are DMX Devices which do not have the same information as lights. (Select one and look at the info tab of the inspector.)

Each kind of light, fixed ellipse, zoom, fres, par, dmx device, etc. has different fields of data relevant to its characteristics. For example, a fixed focus ellipsoidal spot does not have variable beam related fields.

The behavior of DMX Devices is designed for future expansion to make it possible for LX to support automated fixtures. Basically, DMX Devices have a table of values that they can convey to their owners. They are linked to their owner through an ID which consists of the position name followed by a "#" followed by the unit number. (eg. "1st Electric#1") The only current implementation of a DMX device is a color scroller.
thanks a lot i really didnt think of that so to get them in my paperwork i create a colum for "ID" than input that and itll work??
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DMX Devices will only appear in reports that sort by a key that is contained in their info fields. So, a DMX device has a channel and will appear in a channel list. A DMX device does not have a position and will not appear in an Instrument Schedule. But, you could create a device schedule for symbols with an Owner ID field that would not contain any regular lights.

I think you might want to have the light that the DMX Device is attached to indicated in a report. You can do this by adding a Owner ID column. However, it makes sense that the owner appears in the position column if the symbol does not have an position entry of its own. LXFree 0.9.1531 adds this behavior.

FYI "ID" in the popup menu refers to the id of the entry in the key. Symbols are linked to the information in the key by this id. It's an available piece of information but really not too useful in a report. You normally set the key id by selecting a symbol in the inspector's palette.