import eps-files

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
kbvv

import eps-files

Post by kbvv »

I have a problem importing the logo of my company into my light plot, the logo is an eps-file. when I drag (or import) the eps file on the plot, the logo is visual, I can move it, resize it, ... when I later reopen the plot, the logo is no longer visual, if you click on where it was, the "active squares" are still there but the logo itself not.
What can I do about this?
Marc
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is a verified issue with the OS X not archiving/unarchiving Images that came from EPS correctly. The latest build (6928) has a fix that is actually backwards compatible. Files containing imported EPS images and saved with the latest build can be opened in older versions. (The older version will still not save these images correctly, however).

The other workaround for older versions is to use the Preferences->Format->Use JPEG compression for BitMap images. This will convert the EPS to JPEG which may or may not make a difference in the quality of the image.