Changing scales

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
malderson

Changing scales

Post by malderson »

This looks like it will be a very good and deceptively powerful program! I look forward to testing it on a real production, to see what it can really do. :)

One thing I haven't found (yet). Is it possible to change the working scale? The "Scale Feet" setting appears to be 1/4"=1'-0", and the Help file confirms this. I usually work in 1/4" scale, so that is a good choice for me. But if I wished, can that that be changed to, say, 1/2"=1'-0" or 1/8" scale?

If not, I've thought of a work-around, i.e. to scale the output to 200% or 50% respectively. But I'm used to setting the drawing scale, first, then proceeding.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

LXFree does indeed use 1/4" = 1'-0" scale. You are correct that to get other scales, you can set the output percentage in the Page Setup. (200% results in 1/2"). In Metric, the scale is 1:50-- setting the output to 200% results in 1:25.

It is also possible to simply zoom the plot using commands from the View menu.
Johan Söderberg

Scaling symbols only, not the entire plot.

Post by Johan Söderberg »

Now I´m drawing a pretty big plot for a large venue and the smallest papersize I can use is A2. In that size I can get a good view of the house but the symbols that I put in this plot become ridiculously large. I need to scale them down to 1:100 or they will never fit into the page.

Can it be done?
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The symbols are always 1:50 sized. You have to match that size with your ground plan for them to be in proportion.

In order to fit your plot onto a page, you use the scaling of the Page Setup to change the size of the printed output.

Use Page Setup which is found in the Inspector's Document/Size tab to set the page size to A2. This may change the size of your plot depending on what you have set for pages. You will probably want to use the "Match Contents" command from the popup in the Size tab to set the size of your plot to match your ground plan. This may result in the plot taking more than one page to print. But, there is a command in the same popup that allows you to automatically scale the printing so that the plot fits on one page.