Copy paste between plots

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Johan Söderberg

Copy paste between plots

Post by Johan Söderberg »

Ive made a seating arrangement for a Venue and would like to copy and paste it into another plot.

But I can't.

I can copy all items in my "seating layer" and paste it into a new and empty LXFree document. But if I try to paste it into a layer in another plot which already has several layers nothing happens.

Ive made sure the page to which it shall be pasted is big enough and that the chosen layer is absolutely empty.

Ive tried copying all singular items (chairs, armrests etc) and the whole lot as a grouped item, but with the same result - Nada.

I use LXFree version 2.1
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you send a copy of the files in question? Several tries have failed to reproduce this problem.

Other places to look for more information about an error are the console log, Applicatios/Utilities/Console.app, and the message window of LXFree/LXBeams. In LXFree/LXBeams 2.1, most exceptions should get written to the message window and that should expose the error.
Johan Söderberg

Post by Johan Söderberg »

Dont know what was the cause - system or LXFree, but a simple computer restart had it solved.

Now its all hunky dory again!
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hard to say about it then.

It might have been a memory situation where there either was not enough for the system pasteboard to hold the copied information or there was not enough to draw the objects. Large imported graphics can fail to be drawn in low memory situations. There should be a message in the "Messages" window if this occurs.