Key Block

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
terryb45

Key Block

Post by terryb45 »

I thought that I had already posted this but it seems to have disappeared. I recently downloaded the Intel version and all seems to be well except that I cannot get a Key Block. I select a lamp and then go to Format/Insert/Add/update Key Block but nothing happens. Is there something I have missed?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If nothing seems to happen when you choose Add/Update Key Block, it is likely that you have an existing key block in a layer that is not visible. Or, you've resized the plot so that an existing key block is not visible. There can be only one key or title block in a plot. If one exists, the command updates it to reflect the current key or title information.

Both the key and title blocks are a special kind of group of graphics. They can be located and updated as long as they remain grouped.

You can click on a key or title block and choose "Ungroup" to separate and edit the parts. However, if you do that, the special group no longer exists. And, the Add/Update command will create a new group rather than updating.
terryb45

Post by terryb45 »

Many thanks for your reply. The Key Block was indeed hidden on an unwanted layer that in hindsight should have been discarded. Teach me to be better at my housekeeping.