Image files?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
Cooper

Image files?

Post by Cooper »

Dear Claude

I hope your well. Can you give me an explanation on how to drop in images behind lxbeams plans?

Coming from MLP I am used to importing rather large picts. Is the only way to do this on LXB by copying and pasting? Is there a better way that locks the exact position of the image file in relation to lights and bars?

Thanks
Damien.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are a number of ways to import images. Copy and paste works for both graphics and files. You can copy and paste from another application assuming that it places images on the clipboard in a format that OS-X supports. You can also copy a file in the Finder and then paste the entire file into the plot. Drag and drop works in a similar manner.

You may want to isolate an underlaying image on a layer. Adding and arranging layers is accomplished in the Inspector's layers tab. Imported images are not restricted to their own layers and can be freely mixed with other graphics.

Isolating a large underlaying drawing in its own layer may be all you need to prevent accidental selection and dragging because only objects in the current active layer can be edited. However, it is also possible to lock any object in place to prevent it from being accidentally moved.
Gluu

Post by Gluu »

I copied and pasted a pdf of my stage layout, and I'd like to lay my LXfree plot over it. Is there a way to scale the pasted drawing so that the dimensions are correct?

For example; I know my proscenium is 32' wide, but when I draw a line or lighting position from one edge of the proscenium to the other, it comes out at 48' 6".

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Select your imported graphic and then look in the measurements tab of the Inspector. You can scale both the height and width by percent.

(The measurements tab is the one that looks like a ruler.)