Can't change text size

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
AngusBarr

Can't change text size

Post by AngusBarr »

Hi, I'm using LXFree v1.8.8 on a MacBook Pro OS10.5.8. I don't seem to be able to change the size of text. I'm highlighting the text in the text box, clicking on Format, then Font, and changing the font size in the fonts window but nothing happens. Any ideas anybody? Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Text size is not changed while the text is being edited. Wait until after you've entered the text and then select the text object to change the font/size.
AngusBarr

Post by AngusBarr »

Brilliant! Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest builds (LXFree 1.8.9/LXBeams 1.3.9) now allow changing of the font while editing.

These versions also introduce the ability to have rich text. If you use more than one font while editing, the text field will automatically convert to a styled text object which allows mixed fonts, etc.

Older versions will not understand the new objects. So the text from styled text objects will be lost when a newer file is opened in an older version. LXFree for Java also is not yet able to recognize these objects.
AngusBarr

Post by AngusBarr »

Great, I'll try LXFree 1.8.9 when it becomes available.
Thanks.