printing plots..

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
TDmike

printing plots..

Post by TDmike »

How do you print basic plots ? I have searched in the posts and I have seen more than 1 post of someone printing, but no posts of what conversion needs to take place to print. I can't print the format choices I get when the box pops up. No PDF choice ? I thought that was the common format all work could be saved in...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All support questions should go in the appropriate support topic. This answer assumes that you are asking about LXFree for Mac OS-X.

Printing uses the regular "Print" command from the file menu. From there you can save as PDF using the popup in the lower corner of the regular Print dialog. This PDF is broken into pages depending on you Page Setup settings. To export the entire plot as a single PDF, use the File->Export->PDF... command.

LXFree's document size is based on the page/output size you select. The Page Setup controls the paper size and similar options. A button for the page setup is found in the Inspector's Document->Size tab.

Changing the Page Setup changes the size of the plot but does not remove any graphics even if they become lost outside the boundary.
TDmike

Post by TDmike »

Thanks
jpinchot

Post by jpinchot »

"A button for the page setup is found in the Inspector's Document->Size tab."

Where is this button in LXfree?
Gman

Post by Gman »

Printing is THE most frustrating part of using LX Pro. It usually takes me 15-20 tries to get the plot correctly sized and positioned.Can't the program be made more like most others, with a simple print dialogue without all the zooming and scaling, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build v4.1.2 improves printing. Notably, there is a new Scale to Single Page When Printing option in the popup in the size tab of the Inspector. This will automatically adjust so that the plot is printed to a single page regardless of the current zoom. With this option enabled, the Page Setup zoom still allows scaling but for normal purposes, with that set at the default 100%, the plot will print on a single page even if it is zoomed in or out.