Where are my files?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
mercerbjr

Where are my files?

Post by mercerbjr »

I went to revise a plot in LXFree (5.3.2 (13922.1)) and it was gone. I opened other folders to check if I had misfiled it, and discovered that all my LXFree files, several years' worth, are gone. It's a Mid-2014 MacBook Pro running OS 10.11.6.

I restored all the show files from a Time Machine backup that still had them but they failed to migrate onto my hard drive.

Has anyone had this problem? And if so, did you discover any solutions?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is the problem that the files are not where you expect when you look for them in the Finder? Or, is the problem that LXFree is not opening your old files for you?

There's nothing special about LXFree .lxxplot files. They are standard XML and the Finder and Time Machine will not treat them any different than any other file.
mercerbjr

Post by mercerbjr »

admin wrote:Is the problem that the files are not where you expect when you look for them in the Finder? Or, is the problem that LXFree is not opening your old files for you?

There's nothing special about LXFree .lxxplot files. They are standard XML and the Finder and Time Machine will not treat them any different than any other file.
My files are completely gone - the folders are empty - and Spotlight searches for the titles or .lxxplot return no hits. Thanks for replying.