Does Accessory affect rendering?

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
frannyglass79

Does Accessory affect rendering?

Post by frannyglass79 »

Hi,

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything. I put a S4 profiler in my plot and added an iris as an accessory. However I can't set up the iris to have any effect on the rendered beam. Is this even possible?

Kind regards
Nadja
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A DMX Iris will change the size of the beam of its owner. There are two things required for this to work.

1) The DMX Iris accessory must be connected to its owner. This can happen automatically when you select a light and then select the DMX Iris from the symbols palette. You will be asked if you want to add the accessory. If you do, the connection will be established. You can also select only the light and the iris symbol and choose Format->Insert->Connect Device.

2) A) To control the DMX Iris with the slider in the Inspector's Beam tab, a channel must be assigned. (Which is true of anything you want to control with these sliders).
2) B) To control the DMX Iris with DMX input, you need to have an address assigned.
frannyglass79

Post by frannyglass79 »

Thanks a lot for the reply! So i'll need to add dummy channels I guess.

Any insight as to why the standard non-DMX Iris is not controllable via slider?

Kind regards
Nadja
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Only the DMX iris is a device that will affect the owning light. A regular Iris is just a symbol that tells someone reading the plot that the unit should have an iris in it. If you want to control an individual light's beam with an iris for rendering purposes, then the way to do it is with a device type symbol and a dummy channel.