Add Accessories to Instrument Schedule

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
SHawkins

Add Accessories to Instrument Schedule

Post by SHawkins »

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if there is a way to add accessories to the instrument schedule. Currently, any accessories that I add like I-Cue Mirrors or wireless transceivers show up in the channel hook-up in association with the fixture it's attached to and/or position. However, they are not present on the instrument schedule where it would be useful for a crew to double-check the work when they're quickly restoring the plot. I'm using version 5.6.0 if that helps.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the current version of the software, to make this happen you'd need to manually list the accessories in one of the light's info fields. The most likely candidate would be the note field. You can then add a note column to the Instrument Schedule to get the result you seek.

It would be possible (in a future version of the LXBeams) to do this same thing automatically by creating a new, optional, automatically generated column for the accessory info that then could be added to the report. However, this would leave out the possibility of editing it manually. No matter how you worked the automatic generation there would very likely be some situations where you would want more control.

So, a better approach is to allow you to automatically add accessory data to the note field. Although you have to select lights and run a script to do this, it allows for flexibility and control. If, for example, you didn't want some accessories to be added to a light's note, you could just not have those lights selected when you ran the script. What you'd get with this idea is the same manual use of the note field as you can accomplish with the current release. But, you would have a shortcut to filling in the notes one by one.

So, in the latest build of LXBeams there is the ability to do this by script. And, there is an included script, "copyAccessoriesToNote", that can you can use. If you'd like to change the field that gets the accessory information, you can do so by editing a copy of the script and choosing a different field (User Data would be a good choice).