Adding Custom Fixtures to an Existing Key

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
jstern01

Adding Custom Fixtures to an Existing Key

Post by jstern01 »

Just as the above subject suggests... I'm wondering if there's a way to assign a custom fixture to an existing lighting Key.

For instance, I've created a Cineo Lightblade 800 and want to add it to the Cineo Key.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Keys are flexible and you can load and unload them as you wish. Entries that are either in use in the plot, or are designated as "Keep in Key" are not replaced when a new key is loaded. You can export a key that has fixtures collected from various libraries as well as incorporating custom fixtures. When the exported key is placed in your library folder it will appear in the list of keys that you can load.

One workflow to do what you suggest is to start with a file with your custom fixture. Either draw a symbol in the plot or use the popup in the Symbols tab to mark it as "Keep in Key". Then, load the library Cineo file. Your key will now have a combination of your custom symbol and the library fixtures. (Note that you can switch to list view of the symbols palette and drag to re-arrange the order of symbols.)

Use the popup up in the Symbols tab to export the key containing the library symbols and your custom symbol. Name the file something like "MyCineo". It goes in /Users/<your name>/Library/Application Support/com.claudeheintzdesign.lxseries/keys folder. The default location when you select Export Key... is this folder. Once it is located in the library folder folder, your key will appear in the list of keys that you can load into a plot.
jstern01

Post by jstern01 »

As always, many thanks
Pierre Daubigny

Post by Pierre Daubigny »

Hi Claude,

Thanks to all the tips given on the forum I have customized my own key library. The different keys are sorted following the date of their creation. I would like the key to be sorted by “families� (PC / Fresn / zooms / moving etc.) Is there a way to do change their order in the Symbols tab ?
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Switch to the list view and drag to re-arrange
Pierre Daubigny

Post by Pierre Daubigny »

Works perfectly, thanks again !
Pierre