Measuring Distances with Toolbar

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree and other LXSeries software for OS-X.
admin
Site Admin

Measuring Distances with Toolbar

Post by admin »

The toolbar shows the location of the cursor. When dragging the selection tool, the toolbar shows the distance from the original point clicked. By default, the display is the difference in x and y between the corners of the selection marquee rectangle. Clicking on the x:/y: label in the toolbar should toggle between showing the difference dx:/dy: and just the straight line distance (d:). This was not working but is now fixed in the latest build, 5.5.4 (15003.1). The latest build is found on the download page under "More Downloads".

In addition, the latest build allows pressing the backslash key to enable showing the difference between the cursor location and the last point clicked in the toolbar. To use this, click on a point that you want to measure from. Press the backslash key [\]. The display will show the difference between the cursor's location and the point you clicked. The same display mode is used as for the selection marquee. So, to show the straight line distance between the clicked point and the cursor, change the mode by clicking the x:/y: labels in the toolbar. Using the backslash shortcut enables display of the distance between the last point clicked and the cursor until the next time the mouse is clicked.
Pierre Daubigny

Post by Pierre Daubigny »

I have tried that tip but it does not seem to work. I am using an azerty keyboard so I tried the [\] but it is already used as shortcut for text (8). The [§]/[!] key (same place as qwerty [\] if I have it right) does not seem to work either. (LX Free for Java, 2.6.4.)

Is there a tool dedicated to measuring and showing distances between 2 points, and moving / stretching with them? So far I have just drawn lines and manually indicated their length, measuring again and changing when moving positions.
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This forum is for Mac support. Answers here do not apply to LXFree for Java.