Scaling

If possible, please post to the topic that is the closest match to the software you are asking about.
aero_xpert

Scaling

Post by aero_xpert »

Hi. I am a 16 year old lighting designer working with a mentor on drawing up a plot for this summers shows. I am looking to find out what dimensions to scale the plot to in the "Document Size" setting. It would be nice to actually have something that is done the right way rather than just sort of drawn(scribbled) straight into the program. I have looked everywhere for a tutorial on this program without luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :wink: :D :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All LXSeries applications have a scale based on 1/4" = 1'-0" or 1:50 in metric. The document size in LXFree and LXBeams is expressed in pages of printed output. The document size in LXFree for Jave is expressed in the scale dimensions of the area represented by the plot, regardless of how it will be printed.

Here's some examples of how this works out to various paper sizes:

A1 paper format measures 841 x 594 mm which works out to about 42m x 29m. A4 is 297 x 210 mm which corresponds to 14.85m x 10.5m. Letter size paper (8.5x11) works out to 34'-0" x 44'-0". Tabloid size paper (11x17) works out to 44'-0" x 68'-0".

This is all based on the zoom being set to 0%. You can get other effective scales of output by either zooming in or out or by using the setting of the printer driver when you print it. If you want 1/2" or 1:25 scale output, zoom to 200%, etc.
sneakertim

Post by sneakertim »

I am having similar issues understanding how to set-up a correct scale. Could you please go step by step to setting up a document, specifically one that will output at 1:100 @ A3. Much appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please read the forum instructions and post support questions to the appropriate topic. If you are asking about LXBeams or LXFree on Mac OS X, post to LXSeries Mac Support. If you are asking about LXFree for Java, post to LXSeries Java Support.