iCloud doesn't work and Beams don't Display

Use this forum to post questions about using LXBeams on iPad.
rkworden

iCloud doesn't work and Beams don't Display

Post by rkworden »

I have .lxxplot files stored in my iCloud drive with beams generated which appear in the preview icon and on my Mac. Just downloaded LXBeams on my iPad, turned on "Use iCloud" in the iBeams preferences. I have quit the iOS app and relaunched, confirming that "Use iCloud" is selected. Both iPad and Mac are using the same iCloud user ID. I can see the lxxplot files when using the iOS iCloud app.

1) When I go to "Open Existing File" on the iOS LXBeams splash screen, the only thing that is displayed is a box with a "+" in the upper left corner, the share-icon in the upper right hand corner and "Local Files" in bold underneath. If I touch the Local Files, I can slide it up and down, but there is only white space above and below the text.

2) I can go to the iCloud app on my iPad, select the file, press the share icon and select "Import with LXBeams". This copies a file to the iPad and opens it in LXBeams. However, I cannot actually see any of the local files in the "Files" menu of LXB, just the afformentioned "Local Files" text.

3) I can continue to access the local file from the splash screen of the iOS LXB because it is shown in the red pool of the graphic, but cannot open any other locally saved files because the "Open Existing File" doesn't show them.

4) Additionally, none of the Beams saved in the original file are displayed, nor can I activate any Beams using the iOS app. I select an instrument and select the multi-colored Beams icon. All that shows is a box with "Selection" and a blank box below it, "Appearance" with 2 blank boxes below it and "Network" with 2 blank boxes below it. Those items can be scrolled up and down but only reveal blank space below them.
Additionally, when selecting the top of the 2 Appearance boxes, I am given the Display options (Show Field, Show Beam, Shutters, etc), all of which I have turned on, and still no beams display on my plot.

5) Finally, to get access to any changes I have made to this plot, I need to select the "Files" icon (which, again, only shows the "+", Share icon, and "Local Files" with no files displayed), then I need to select the share icon, select "Share lxxplot file", and select "Add to iCloud Drive".

There is no live sharing using iCloud, and the only way to access my files on multiple devices is only through cumbersome export and import procedures.

Thanks for your help.
[/list]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The issue with the beams controls seems to have started with an update for iOS 10. It is now fixed in version 2.2.0.

Version 2.2 also changes the way that LXBeams for iPad interacts with cloud storage, including iCloud, Box and Dropbox. It now uses the standard Document Menu/Document Picker to allow files to be imported and exported directly to iCloud Drive, etc.

Version 2.2.0 has been submitted to Apple. Review normally takes a day or two. When it becomes available, you should be notified through the standard App Store update.