sharing lxplot files from Mac OSX to iOS

Use this forum to post questions about using LXBeams on iPad.
shawem

sharing lxplot files from Mac OSX to iOS

Post by shawem »

I bought LXBeams for iPad assuming it would be easy to share lxplot files between the iPad and my Mac...I added the files to the iPad in iTunes but LXBeams doesn't see them as local files. I looked in LXBeams for the mac and couldn't find a "save as" or "export" option which would create an lxxpro file. What am I missing?...this should be easy not hard.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you have an existing Mac binary plot and want to save a cross-platform XML based file, you can use File->Export. The default will be to export a PDF. But the next choice for format from the popup menu is "XML Plot Document." This will save a cross-platform .lxxplot file that can be used with LXBeams for iPad or LXFree for Java running on Windows. The other way is to Save As an .lxxplot file. To get "Save As" to appear in the File menu, hold down the option key. "Duplicate" will change to "Save As" and the default file type will already be "XML Plot Document."

The default file type when you save a new file is the cross-platform XML based type. So when you create a new file on the Mac, it should be compatible with other operating systems (unless you specifically save it as mac only binary)