Grouped items

Use this forum to post questions about using LXBeams on iPad.
Johan Söderberg

Grouped items

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I used beams in my iPad last week and found that the profilespots that I had grouped together with the symbol for a gobo couldnt be lit with OSC.

I guess the program couldnt identify the group as a lightsource. Can this be fixed somehow?

The main reason I attach the little gobo to its spotlight is to prevent myself from moving them unvoluntarily. This is of even greater importance to me when Im using an iPad and my big clumsy hands...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This has been fixed in v1.2.8. This update has been submitted to Apple for approval and should appear in the AppStore in a few days.

Although the update fixes the ability to control the beam of a light inside a group, there is an alternative for simple groups like a light with a gobo symbol. That is, not to use a group at all but to enable the preference "Lights move accessories" which will move an accessory symbol or a nearby device along with the light if you re-position it. This is similar to what happens if you group the two objects. But, each remains freely selectable individually. This option is available in both the iPad and desktop versions of LXBeams.