Delete a local file off my iPad...

Use this forum to post questions about using LXBeams on iPad.
Stretchomarx

Delete a local file off my iPad...

Post by Stretchomarx »

Having a hard time trying to get rid of the file created to play around with the app before I could sync with my laptop...

what am I doing wrong?

John :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you swiping across the file name in the files popover? The direction is different in iOS 6 and iOS 7. (I'm not sure of the logic of why they changed it)

With iOS 7, you swipe right to left. You should then see a red delete button that allows you to remove the file.
Stretchomarx

Cool

Post by Stretchomarx »

Thanks that did the trick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually, on further investigation, there is a potential problem with deleting the current file when it has unsaved changes. Because of iOS multithreading, it is possible that the current file is deleted but subsequently saved as it is being closed because of the system's autosave function. Sounds weird and it is. But, it can happen. The file comes back to life after it has been deleted...

The solution, at least for the current version, if this should happen and the file comes back after it has been deleted, is simply to delete it again. As long as you don't have it open with unsaved changes is will go peacefully away.

There's a fix which will be included with the next update. But, the next version is not ready to submit to Apple yet. It will include 64bit compatibility which dramatically seems to increase the speed of the app on an iPad Air. If there's anyone who has an iPad Air and would like to test the new version, please send an e-mail.