define parcan fixture question

This forum is for a general discussion of the LXSeries.
Please post bugs and feature requests in the feedback forum.
Please post support questions to the support forum.
julian

define parcan fixture question

Post by julian »

Dear forum,
Firstly - I have tried/searched etc before posting this!
I want to open lxconsole from an applescript (thats working*) and then get Lxconsole to change a dmx parcan colour via an enttec dongle.
So I'm stuck on how to define a dmx parcan light fixture in lxconsole.
Any pointers appreciated.

*background
I am DJing tango events and I've written an applescript which picks up the music track genre in itunes, when the genre changes I want to automate the light change.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are two parts to the answer to what I think is your question. The first is how to setup a channel to control an LED Par fixture. Exactly how DMX addresses control the colors of your light depends on its manufacturer. But, the basic method of setting up a channel is the same:

Hold down the control key and click on the channel you want to configure. (depending on your input setup, a two-finger tap or right-click is the same as a control-click)

From the menu that pops up, select "Setup Channel...". Its likely that this is the only option.

In the channel setup sheet that appears, there is a popup menu labeled "Import". From this menu, look in the LED submenu for the closest match to your LED Par. This will give you a good start at patching the light as well as adding the appropriate subchannels.

You will need to patch the subchannels to the correct DMX addresses. You can do this in the Patch tab of the inspector.

Note that once you have configured the sequence of DMX addresses correctly so that one fixture is patched and works, you can return to the Channel Setup sheet and export the setup. This should give you the ability to import your setup for other channels and patch them using only the starting DMX address.

To control an individual color using AppleScript:

tell application "LXConsole"

--set the level of the red subchannel of channel 2 to 100 percent
tell the front document to doCommand string "2.red@100"

end tell

However, you might find it much easier to record your desired looks as cues. Then, when your song changes you can recall a look with something like this:

tell application "LXConsole"

--select the cue
tell the front document to doCommand string "cue: 10"

--Go
tell the front document to GO

end tell
julian

Post by julian »

Thanks for the answer - will work on it!