V5 inhibitive

This forum is for a general discussion of the LXSeries.
Please post bugs and feature requests in the feedback forum.
Please post support questions to the support forum.
Pace514

V5 inhibitive

Post by Pace514 »

Hi Claude !!!

i Can't find the drawer in LXconsole 5. In fact, i want to create inhibitives.

Also, i'd like to know what the last 2 tabs (faders and scenes) are for.

Thanks a lot !

Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is no longer a drawer in LXConsole 5. In Subs mode, the Cue Options tab of the inspector has the inhibitive option. Cue Options is roughly equivalent to the Advanced tab of the old drawer.

Faders are new. They are for controlling submasters. At any given time, a fader controls a single submaster. However, each fader has a list of submasters and you can switch which one it controls using the last/next buttons. Faders (and their last/next buttons) can be mapped to OSC or MIDI.

The default MIDI mapping corresponds to a Korg nanoKontrol. The nanoKontrol does not have motorized faders. So, to prevent sticky synchronization issues, the submaster being controlled can be set so it is only switched when the fader is at zero.

Because an OSC controller like TouchOSC can be synchronized, it is possible to switch faders control between submasters at any time. The options for how faders respond are found in the Setup Window Faders tab.

In addition to individual control of which fader controls what submaster, you can save a set of these as a configuration and switch the whole bank of faders all at once.