Helppages online?

This forum is for a general discussion of the LXSeries.
Please post bugs and feature requests in the feedback forum.
Please post support questions to the support forum.
Johan Söderberg

Helppages online?

Post by Johan Söderberg »

Is there a good reason not to publish the helppages for the LXSeries online?

Now you need to submit your emailaddress to get a download of the software and after that you can read the helptexts.
In another forum (Qlab google group) recently a question was posted concerning OSC and the connection between qlab and LXConsole.
One of the very helpful Qlab guys replied:
I tried to check the documentation for LXConsole, but I have to download it to get to the documentation, and I have to register with my email address to download it, and I'm not interested in registering on their site.

I looked a little bit at the forums, and it appears they have a pretty robust OSC implementation, and they seem very helpful, so that may be the next place to look.
Shortly after that the question was published, and as expected also swiftly replied here in this very helpful forum.
Now I wonder if this really is necessary. I guess "Luckydave" from qlab might have a point here.
Aren't the helpfiles written in Html already?
Im sure there must be a reason not to publish them online, I just can't figure it out.
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The help for LXConsole was already posted online. However, the link was hard to find. You can now access it from side of the LXConsole page.

I'm not sure that Lucky Dave would have found the answer in the help. There is a post on the LXConsole support forum that clarifies working with OSC and QLab 3.

In addition, the latest build of LXConsole now responds to QLab style "/cue/1/start" messages. This makes it even easier to run cues on LXConsole with QLab 3.

As a reminder, in all cases, running cues, either by MIDI or OSC requires that LXConsole's Live Window be open. And, of course, that the connection is enabled in the File=>External menu.