Windows vs / along with Mac

This forum is for a general discussion of the LXSeries.
Please post bugs and feature requests in the feedback forum.
Please post support questions to the support forum.
theatrebob

Windows vs / along with Mac

Post by theatrebob »

I'm an old MacLux user who shifted to WYSIWYG while I was teaching. I'm retired now and can't afford WYSIWYG. LX looks great - An old friend that's grown up.

Because I was using WYSIWYG, the machine I use primarily for design is a Windows machine. It has the big monitors. Is it possible to utilize a license across platforms (PC Desktop - Mac Laptop)? I noticed in another post that it was possible to load the program to a desktop and a laptop as long as they were not being used at the same time, but I haven't seen anything about cross platform usage.

Thanks!
Bob
Retired High School Theatre Director
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can run LXFree for Java on Windows. LXFree for Java uses the same xml based files that are the default on the MacOS applications. LXFree for Java contains many of the abilities of the MacOS applications. But, the LXSeries Pro license only applies to LXBeams and LXConsole which are Mac only.
jnintendo

Re: Windows vs / along with Mac

Post by jnintendo »

theatrebob wrote:I'm an old MacLux user who shifted to WYSIWYG while I was teaching. I'm retired now and can't afford WYSIWYG. LX looks great - An old friend that's grown up.

Because I was using WYSIWYG, the machine I use primarily for design is a Windows machine. It has the big monitors. Is it possible to utilize a license across platforms (PC Desktop - Mac Laptop)? I noticed in another post that it was possible to load the program to a desktop and a laptop as long as they were not being used at the same time, but I haven't seen anything about cross platform usage.

Thanks!
Not possible dead.. you need separate license.