lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index lx.claudeheintzdesign.com
A forum for discussion of LX Series lighting software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request: fixture type in Color Count report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> LXSeries Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fausto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Request: fixture type in Color Count report Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a column in the Color Count report, specifying the fixture type, and not only the frame size?

In the majority of the venue I work in (Sydney NSW), the electricians will know the size of the gel cut by mentioning the name of the fixture, but would get totally lost if I had to mention the size in inches of the gel frames (and so would I to be honest).

In other words, the day to day vocabulary is: "can you please provide 4 cuts of R132 for Source4 19deg", and that's immediately understood.

I am requesting this new feature because I find myself very often having to manually tweak the Color Count report, adding the fixture type, before sending my lighting documentation for a show, and sometimes it's a fairly big job.

Hopefully this is an easy implementation for future releases! it would save me a lot of time!

cheers, and thanks again for providing an amazing software,
Fausto
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest build of LXBeams, 5.1.2 (13214.1), has an option to count color by fixture type instead of frame size.

With a color count report tab open, select View->Report->Report Options.

In the Sort/Configure tab there's a check box labeled "Count by Fixture type".
Fausto

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Thank you very much!!!!

My question is now, how do I get LXBeams latest build 5.1.2 with this new feature?
If I click on "Check for Update", LXBeams is telling me that my software is up to date, but I am running 5.1.0

I apologise in advance if this is a dull question.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LXBeams latest builds can be downloaded from the download. You received a link to this page in your license e-mail. Alternatively, you can visit the download request page and put in the e-mail you used when purchasing the license http://lx.claudeheintzdesign.com/lxseriespro_download.html. You'll get an e-mail with the link.

On the download page there is a section called "More Downloads". The latest build is the first link listed.
Fausto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks heaps for navigating me to the download page.

I haven't received a link to my licence e-mail, but have found the page following your instructions.

I have installed the latest build and the colour count report with fixture name works perfectly. Huge time saver for me Smile

thanks again for the prompt support and software implementation!

Fausto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> LXSeries Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: