lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index lx.claudeheintzdesign.com
A forum for discussion of LX Series lighting software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flikering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> LXConsole Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luca telleschi

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: flikering Reply with quote

hi claude,
i hope you can help me one more time,
i got enttec mk2 that always works perfectly. on last show the dmx signal was unstable (flikering dimmer, with some stable signal as i send a go to a cue..) also sending a test dmx with enttec pro-manager i got a flikering signal.. i solved using a spare enttec dmx usb pro..

any suggest?

thank you

luca
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be an issue with the interface at all. The usual suspects for flickering DMX are termination and cables. A "Y" in the DMX line can cause reflections like a lack of termination. Another suspect is using microphone cable instead of 120 ohm DMX cable. Given that you unplugged an interface and plugged back in and the problem stopped, I'd check the male end of that first cable for lose connections. If you switch back to the first interface and the flickering happens again, there's a better case for suspecting the widget.

Sometimes flickering DMX is hard to track down. For example, yet another possible cause is a bad USB cord that just doesn't make a clean connection with one widget but does with the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> LXConsole Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: