lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index lx.claudeheintzdesign.com
A forum for discussion of LX Series lighting software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LXforProcessing, how many universes can it output?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> Open Source Software/Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fausto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: LXforProcessing, how many universes can it output? Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering how many universes is LXforProcessing capable of outputting?

cheers,
Fausto
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LXforProcessing is a software library designed to allow students and makers easy access to lighting control related protocols. It could be the starting point for a product or application. But, what it does depends on what you create with it.

The objects in the LXforProcessing library that handle DMX input/output each encapsulate one universe. However, depending on what you want to do, you could use more than one instance to have multiple universes.
Fausto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for getting back to me!

Your answer totally makes sense, I will try to look into the code to implement it to output more than one universe.

I have successfully managed to control one RGB LED addressable strip using your library, and was keen to start experimenting controlling 2 strips or more.

Each strip occupies almost an entire universe so it's easy to run out of channels!!

thank you for your help and for pointing me in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> Open Source Software/Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: